There’s been a ton of research come out this week around social media marketing and mobile topics. Check out the eight digital marketing stats this week that grabbed our attention.
1. Snaps first According to research by student loans company LendEDU, 58 percent of the 9,381 millennials it polled said they typically open up a Snapchat before Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
2. Many, many, many ads Instagram, the app that Gen Y and Gen Z loves to the tune of 600 million monthly users, now has more than 1 million monthly advertisers and greater than 8 million business profiles on its platform. 3. Older people dig them, too Well, brands that buy Instagram ads may be effectively targeting an older demo than they would anticipate. Per a report from Influence.co, folks aged 65 through 74 are the group most likely to search out products after seeing Instagram promoted posts. Read more about the study here.
4. Twitter and the tube Twitter users are 33 percent more likely than the average internet user to be on another device while watching TV, according to new findings from GlobalWebIndex. Check out the study here.
5. Social ads rise Sixty-one percent of advertisers plan to spend more on Facebook, said ClickZ Intelligence. And the web publisher found that investment in Twitter is expected to increase by more 25 percent.
6. Millions like iHeart Music app iHeartRadio this week said it has surpassed 100 million registered users, after revealing it had reached 90 million users seven months ago. For comparison, Spotify exceeded 100 million users last summer.
7. Fetching international research Fetch surveyed over 16,000 adult smartphone owners worldwide and found that Indian consumers are twice as mobile-first in their usage compared to Indonesians. Check out the full global report from the Dentsu-owned company here.
8. March Madness? Research firm Taykey found that the social media sentiment around the NCAA men’s basketball tournament was down 45 percent year over year going into this weekend. UCLA, which plays Kentucky tonight to advance to the Elite 8, has been the most positively discussed and most talked about team, Taykey said.